Gaia Democratic school
CLICK below to download an Application for Admission, a Reduced Tuition Application, current Tuition Policy, and pay $25. application fee via Paypal:
Gaia Democratic School admits students of any race, color, religion, gender, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. GDS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, or national and ethnic origin.
Admission & Tuition information
Gaia Democratic School welcomes new students and families!
Call today for a tour!
Each student adds dimension to our culture, diversity to our community, and energy to our school. Our school values the innate originality and potential in each person and honors each student's individual learning needs. Our school aims to provide students with a safe, intellectually nourishing, and socially positive environment based on academic freedom. Our community recognizes the importance of individual freedom, mutual respect, and putting democratic principles into practice.
Gaia Democratic School is entirely independent and relies on tuition as our main source of income. However, we encourage you to explore our unique school regardless of your ability to pay.
Our application process is designed to ensure that Gaia Democratic School is a healthy match for prospective students and the principles that guide the school are in alignment with what students and families need.
We accept applications any time of the year.
Process of enrollment:
1. Contact us via email or phone with general questions or to set up a tour.
2. Submit an Application, $25 Application fee, and any other appropriate forms and information.
3. If Application is submitted during school year, the prospective Student is invited to visit during the school day and is introduced/announced to community at a School Meeting.
4. If an Application for Tuition Reduction was submitted, the Finance Committee will review as soon as possible and set a tuition amount.
5. Offer of enrollment is made.
To apply, please print and complete the application and mail it with a check or money order for the $25 application fee to:
Gaia Democratic School, 1219 University Ave. SE Minneapolis, MN 55414
You can also complete the application, scan it, send by email to GaiaDemocratic@gmail.com and pay the $25.00 application fee by Paypal.